Solid Rock Carpenters was started in 2005 by the Engle brothers in response to the Hurricane Katrina disaster. The need was great and the enthusiasm to help was even greater. As a result, individuals and families began to volunteer annually in the Gulf Region, and within a few short years SRC developed a database of 3,500 friends and family, who now volunteer nationwide throughout the year.
Locally, SRC has worked with community service leaders, churches and ministries assisting in building and repair projects. Nationally and Internationally, SRC has aligned itself with organizations and ministries that work alongside families and communities in need. SRC's resources of volunteers and skilled leadership have been intrumental in providing communities in need with new homes, home restoration, playgrounds, beds for homeless shelters, barns, fences and many other necessary repairs.
Throughout the past 12 years, SRC has organized 55 traveling volunteer teams serving those less fortunate.
SRC Years in a Snapshot
During the past 12 years, SRC has
- Engaged more than 4,300 volunteers locally, nationally, and internationally, Building Homes and Bringing Hope to people in need
- Worked more than 16,000 days helping others by restoring and building homes
- Planned and Traveled on 55 Outreach Trips - nationally and internationally
- Built 47 homes in the Gulf Region, Missouri, Colorado, Appalachia, Mexico, and Guatemala
- Hosted 16 Framing Day Events - building home wall sections locally and sending them to partner ministries for assembly with future volunteer groups.
Who We Are
Jeff Engle, Founder
Scott Engle, Founder
Mark Engle, Founder
Paula Mack, Project Coordinator
If you’re interested in joining the team or would like more information, please contact us.
SRC has had the pleasure of working with the following partner organizations:
- Appalachia Service Project
- Camp Restore
- Casas por Cristo
- Habitat for Humanity
- Many churches and ministries in the communities we serve.